Sunday, April 3, 2011

So, I decided to start blogging!


:) So, I've started this blog to share my testimony, thoughts, goals, dreams, verses, struggles and much more. God has completely changed my life over the past few years so bare with me, this may be a long post. Here it goes. My dad passed away when I was in 8th grade from cancer. It was very unexpected and tore my family to pieces. I became very unhappy with God and life. I went into highschool the next year and began to party, find love by giving myself away, and lose all respect for myself. I lived my life to fit in and be popular. I had it all.. boys, drinking, drugs, parties, friends, sports, money, etc. But, I still wasn't satisfied with the life I was livin, something just didn't feel right. I seemed to have a hole in my heart that I couldn't fill up. I was on spring break of 2008 (my senior year) with a bunch of friends partying my life away. I was on the beach one day and some guys came over and asked us if we wanted to play volleyball. So, of course, I popped up and ran to play with them. Little did I know, it was Matt Pitt, Justin Standridge, and all the guys from The Basement. I could tell there was something different about them, they had this joy I'd never seen before. They weren't flirting, drinking or anything. But, they were having the time of their lives. I wanted what they had, but was so scared to let go of my worldly life that I was living. I always knew there was something better out there, I was just so angry and hurt I didn't want it. Come to find out, they were speaking at my school for prom a month after spring break. They came, and I spoke with them once again. Such nice amazing men of God trying to help high school students out, but still didn't want anything to do with The Basement or changing my life. I wasn't ready to let go, and let God take control of my life. A few months went by and I hit rock bottom over the summer. I was partying every night, losing more and more respect for myself and still trying to fill that hole in my heart. Relationships got deeper and deeper because I just wasn't satisfied so I kept searching and searching for me. I'd fill the void in my heart with a boy, drinking, party, etc.. But, the next morning I was empty again.Towards the end of the summer I was sitting at my house one night and got random text from a girl that lived down the street from me. We weren't friends, we had just exchanged numbers because we lived in the same neighborhood. We had never said much to each other, but thank God she text me. She asked me if I wanted to go to The Basement. I once again was so scared to go. Thought I'd be judged for the life I was living. So, that following tuesday she picked me up and took me. WOW. I can't even explain it. The second I walked in people excepted me for who I was. There was so much love in that place, it was overwhelming. Matt spoke on "The Day You Die." It shook me. I learned that God loves me for who I am, that He will always be there for me, that I can be made pure again, that everything happens for a reason, that He washes all my sins away and makes me a brand new creation and much more. That night, I gave my full heart to Jesus and it was filled. Life will never be perfect and struggles come, but I know now that I will be spending eternity in heaven. I can't explain how fullfilling it is to live for God. Knowing I'm not perfect, just forgiven! :) That's all for today.. I will begin to share more with yall and put verses up. Excited to see what God does through this page.

God Is Love,
Beth
 God used him to change my life forever.
 His prayers and encouragement saved my life.
 Her text message forever changed my life. Thank you so much Shan.
Kayla, thanks for taking me under your wing :)

7 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Beth. I love this and I love hearing your story and knowing that I lived through it too. You have come so far and I am so proud of the woman you have become. I know that people have given you the cold shoulder but I know that no matter what you did this for you and for God. We have always been like sisters since the first day of kindergarten and to know where you were four years ago and where you are now really brings joy to my heart. Keep doing your thang and know that I am so proud of you! Love you and love seeing the light of the Lord shining through you day after day! Brucie is dang proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth I love you soo much girl!!!! I've always always wanted to hear your testimony and I am soo thankful you posted it! You have a truly beautiful heart & soul. You are such a blessing! love you girl!!! Sisters in Christ! :) Soo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So encouraging sister! I know God is unfolding big plans in your life, keep stepping out in faith and seeking Him!
    Praise Abba for His Love!
    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fire! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see what else you put up - I will be following :) Love you; stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth! I am so glad that God brought you out of where he did and bring you where you are today! I'm incredibly proud of you and love you big!

    KRam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth - You are such and inspiration! It is wonderful of you to share with others your love of GOD! You have a true light in your heart that shines bright for all to see. I could always see that you were very different than other people. Use your GIFT Beth.

    All my best,
    Sandy Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such an encouragement!
    Thank you for being a strong, bright light for Jesus:)
    many are following in youre footsteps.

    ReplyDelete